Sunday, September 9, 2012

Youkoso Japan!


My first time to visit Japan and my first trip with my new Leica camera. We, (my siblings) have always planned a trip to the land of the Rising Sun for years but has always failed because of a lot of circumstances and mishaps.  But not this time, finally, let me take you to a journey to my favorite city in the world, Tokyo! 

Nihon ga totemo suki desu! (means: I like Japan!)
Brushing on my basic Nihongo skills. 





Takushii desu. Tokyo no eki kara Imperial Palace made desu. :) haha! 
(means: In the taxi from Tokyo Station to the Imperial Palace).

We ended up riding our 1st taxi ride from Tokyo Station to the Imperial Palace.  August is summer in Japan and the scorching heat at that day drove us to decide to take taxi instead of walking. Mind you, taxi in Japan is takaii! (expensive) So you better master the Tokyo Subway and learn the rudiments of walking. 




Baasu no noriba (Bus station)

A girl in Kimono at a bus station in Ikebukuro



Signs shouting out loud the colors of Tokyo, Tokyo!! :)




Kirei na Onnanohito 
(Beautfiul Lady)

Its fascinating to see girls in their exquisite Kimono (Japanese women traditional outfit) crossing the streets of Shinjuku complete with the petite umbrella Japanese women are known for. 




Piss Alley
one of the food chains in the Piss Alley, my favorite spot in Shinjuku. A must see for tourist. I give it two thumbs up! :)

Night time at Ikebukuro


Pedestrian 



 Curtain Ropes

In one of the many restaurants near Metropolitan Hotel.  A peek on what is inside.





Crowded Restaurant
Been wanting to get in at this restaurant but the crowd just don't finish up.  Our tummies are ranting and we can no longer wait so we decided to hop in at the next restaurant.  



Onaka ga suite imasu ka? (Are you hungry?)

Tried this restaurant in the corner, our 1st authentic Japanese dining experience.  See how busy it is there? The food was a delight!




The real grill -- Yakitori!



The octopus ball take-out

a quick peek on a trade going on. (not a serious one! haha) I was trying to take a picture of the Japanese vendor selling the octopus balls in the streets but he quickly said, No pikchur, No pikchur! So I took a back step and hid myself in a post and nevertheless shot like a PRO! 


I decided to take a picture of this dried fish store because of its appealing lights. 




Multitude of Paper Lanterns


A display of a multitude of Japanese paper lanterns adorning and lighting the whole alley.  The ambience was so pensive.



Graffitti or Vandalism?


Car Accident

This car accident caused us a lot of time delay and resulted to a tremendous traffic jam.   The long trip to Hokkaido to witness Mount Fuji became even longer with these accident.




at Masuya

We went inside this restaurant, it's a good place for yakitori! The 2 girls outside are probably just chit chatting on a reservation or a seat inside. :)



Totemo Oishii Ne!! (So Delicious!!!)

This is the restaurant where I've had the best Yakiniku I've ever tasted! No words can explain how it satisfied my innermost cravings for the dish.  All I can say is, Oishiiiiiii!!!!! Gochi Sou Samadeshita (I enjoyed my meal!)




Ikebukuro Station
The most frequently used station for us, the Ikebukuro Station -- the nearest station to the hotel we stayed at. 


Shibuya no Eki (Shibuya station)



A couple dining in a restaurant



Cigar & Smoke


The natural lighting became my friend, the smoke revealed itself amidst the air while these Japanese smoke the day away.



Awesome Architecture


One of the awesome architectural structures I saw in Tokyo.  Clean lines, modern color palettes and expansive windows.



Yakyu (Baseball)

We happened to chance an ongoing baseball game in action in Ueno.  The participants here are quite in 40's already.  Yakyu which means baseball still proves to be the most popular sport practiced in the country of Japan.



Little Girl in the Parade
Saw this little girl asked her dad to watch the parade and her dad gladly put her up in his shoulder. Remind me so much of my daughter.



Handles

When I enter a "Densha" (Train), I always search for the handles.  I was trying to take a picture of the subway train here but the bearded guy in black is so aloof, he keeps on moving. A terrorist maybe. hahaha!



Peeking through -- @Subway

A pack of Japanese trendy adolescents in a subway station.



No London. Just a pub in the Subway.
Was surprised to see a pub inside the subway. Its definitely COOL!!



Narrow Alley
Looks like a shot in Manila. An ordinary esquinita in the outskirts of the metro but no, this is till a shot in one of the alleys in downtown Tokyo.  I was fascinated with the motorcycle parked on the side and a man walking through this narrow alley.




Basement 


On our way up from the 3 basements down we got ourselves into; just to chance on bargain mangas (comics) and marvel figurines.  It was worth the the plunge.





Sayounara Japan (Goodbye Japan)

Time to bid goodbye to Japan (for now).  5 days was definitely 'bitin' but I'm sure I'll be coming back again and again.  

Tanoshii Katta Desu!! (I enjoyed it so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment